More than 800 Dealers and Retailers Participate in the Biggest Ever Revive Your Ride! WIN BIG SPRING GIVEAWAY
IRVINE, Calif., Aug. 20, 2012 - The third annual Revive Your Ride! WIN BIG SPRING GIVEAWAY was the biggest to date with more than 800 powersports dealerships and retailers nationwide participating in the free industry promotion designed to boost customer traffic.
There are sixty customers soon taking delivery of prizes donated by Motorcycle Industry Council aftermarket members and amounting to over $25,000 in cash and product prize packages.
“The Revive Your Ride! promotions have been very successful for the participating stores and shops, and participation is absolutely free,” said Cam Arnold, vice president of the MIC’s Aftermarket Services. “We can thank the MIC Aftermarket Committee and dozens of MIC members for their contributions to help the industry. We encourage more dealerships and retailers to get involved in the Revive Your Ride! Fall Promotion that will run Oct. 15 through Dec. 31. It doesn’t cost a thing, so do yourself and your customers a favor by signing up.”
Horner Honda in Salisbury, Md., has participated in every one of the Revive Your Ride! promotions, and had another winner in the spring promotion, and previously won a trip to the 2012 Dealer Expo in Indianapolis. MotoMax in Raleigh, N.C., has had lucky Revive Your Ride! winners in multiple promotions. Ride West BMW in Seattle, Wash., had three winners this time. And the Dainese D-Store in Costa Mesa, Calif., Sills Motor in Cleveland, and the Recycle Bike Shop in Omaha each had two winners.
Steve Seltzer Powersports, a Dealernews Top 100 dealer, has been participating in Revive Your Ride! since the beginning.
“This is the first winner that we’ve had, and it brings more people into the store,” said Bob Todd, parts manager at the dealership.
Other participating locations had similar comments:
- “I think it is a great avenue to bring customers back into the brick and mortar rather than the Internet. I really like the program.” – Bria Brown, Middletown Cycle of Franklin, Ohio.
- “Everyone who came in was very excited about it. Every time you can get something for nothing, it’s a good deal.” – Spider, County Line Cycles of Greensburg, Indiana.
- “I think it is an awesome program. I found out about it in Indy at the dealer show. It’s a great way to get people into the dealers with slower traffic.” – Cassie, Sierra Cycles of Sierra Vista, Arizona.
- “I like it a lot. It is really unique in that everyone has gotten together for one cause. It really helps the dealership. We get to be involved, which is great for us.” – Jona Larson, Freedom Cycles of Grandville, Missouri.
- “It’s a great way of tying together the aftermarket with the dealers and consumer. It allows for everyone to get excited.” – Tom Monroe, Dainese D-Store, Costa Mesa, California.
The Motorcycle Industry Council exists to preserve, protect and promote motorcycling through government relations, communications and media relations, statistics and research, aftermarket programs, development of data communications standards, and activities surrounding technical and regulatory issues. As a not-for-profit, national industry association, the MIC seeks to support motorcyclists by representing manufacturers and distributors of motorcycles, scooters, motorcycle/ATV/ROV parts and accessories, and members of allied trades such as insurance, finance and investment companies, media companies and consultants.
The MIC is headquartered in Irvine, Calif., with a government relations office in metropolitan Washington, D.C. First called the MIC in 1970, the organization has been in operation since 1914. Visit the MIC at www.mic.org.
Click here for the list of Revive Your Ride! WIN BIG Spring Giveaway Winners